The WordPress theme I used on this blog got recently updated, while the changelog claims that:
Version 184.108.40.206 i) Corrected Issues reported with Language file. ii) Renamed changelog file. iii) Removed Unwanted Description Title for Product Pages.
The various issues I found related to localization and internationalization do not seem to have been really fixed. So instead of patching the theme once again, I did what Norbert suggested when I complained about that problem in a previous blog post: I moved all the customizations into a child theme. The child theme is really just a set of patched files from the original theme.
The set of files can be found in this gitub repository.