While I maintain my own blog, I never really understood this blogosphere idea. I always thought that the definition of what is a blog and what is not is unclear, and that many blogs are simply daily columns with an RSS feed.
That said, there are a few blogs I follow, some updated often, some less. I realized that those blogs slowly replace news site like slashdot or the the register. While I like the idea of an index like boing-boing there is simply to much traffic, and I’m no fan of their art.
Some blogs I like:
- Ridiculous Fish, low-level Mac hacking, low traffic.
- Messy 68. Originally I followed this feed for the kanji stuff, but it now a low traffic blog about coding and asian stuff.
- Tōkyōmango: japanese news and gadgets.
- Néo-marxisme meditation on japanese culture…
- Strange maps, weird maps.
In the trying out list, there’s swiss-miss’s blog, which is mostly about design, and anarchia which seems to be another blog index/aggregation which looks interesting.