I’m using the Japan Style theme on this blog. While this skin is very beautiful, it had in my opinion a few problems. So I customized it. I made the following changes:
- Bullets are now displayed in content lists (numbered or unnumbered).
- Lists of links (for instance the archives) are more compact.
- Lists of links define their bullet as being an image properly (instead of a background image hack).
- The blog’s title is rotated to be aligned with the background label (webkit browsers only).
- Generated content in the blog’s title is black (I use this for the 「」around the title).
- The heading list only displays the root pages (the theme can only display four elements).
- The posts’s date now honor the blog’s data settings.
- Removed the vertical bars in the post information.
- Many text elements are now localization ready. The theme does not have its own localized strings and currently uses those of the base wordpress installation, this means that some elements already get translated if the proper
mofiles are installed.
You can download the customized version of the japan-style theme. Please let me know if you find any issue. Many thanks to the people at Good Design Web for providing this beautiful theme, which now has reached 14’000 downloads.