This is the recipe for my version Rösti ロエシティ, Zürcher ズウリチェル Geschnetzeltes ゲチェネズェテス with Carrots.
Ideally, the potatoes for the Rösti are cooked the day before (actually, they are leftovers).
- Boil the potatoes with the skin
- When the potatoes are cooked cool them down and peel them
- Grate the potatoes into small elements
- Prepare a frying pan with some butter, low heat
- When the butter has melted add the potatoes
- Add a nut of butter
- Build a cover with some aluminium foil, put some heavy plate on top of it. The potatoes must be compressed.
- When it smells a little bit grilled, turn the potato cake using a plate, add butter on both sides.
- Add salt and pepper
- Wait for the other side to be grilled
Röstis are sometimes served with a mirrored egg on top of them – but only if served without meat.
- A big
- 250 g of white mushrooms
- 250 g of beef meat
- Beef bouillon
- Oil (for instance sunflower)
- White wine (1 cup).
- 1 Pot of cream
- Parsley (for decoration)
- Clean and cut the mushrooms into slices
- Peel and cut the oignons in small bits
- Cut the meat in small bits
- Heat some oil in a frying pan medium heat
- Cook the oignons until they are transparent, put them aside
- Grill the meat until it is not red anymore
- Add the oignons
- Add the mushrooms
- Add the white wine
- Add two or three cubes of bouillon
- Cover and let the dish cook
- Before serving add a pot of cream
- Add some hacked Parsley for decoration
Boiled Carrots with Carvi
- 3 Big carrots
- Vegetable bouillon
- Carvi seeds, cumin can be used as a replacement.
- Olive oil
- Peel and cut the carrot into small cubes
- Prepare a pot with some olive oil, medium heat
- When the oil is hot, put in the carrots, cook them until their side are slightly yellow.
- Add the cumin seeds
- Add cup of water and the vegetable bouillon
- Cover and let it cook until the carrots are soft